We are happy to report that the following Reason Studios products are compatible with Apple's M1 chip computers.
The following products are compatible with M1 chip computers running in Rosetta Translation Environment:
- Reason 12.2.5 and later (online and computer authorization)
- Reason Suite 11.3.4 and later (online only)
- Reason 11.3.4 and later (online only)
- Reason Intro 11.3.4 and later (online only)
- Reason Lite 11.3.4 and later (online only)
- Authorizer 2.11.2 and later
Rosetta is required for Reason to work. At first launch of Reason on your M1 chip computer you will be asked to install Rosetta (if not already installed).
The following products have not been tested with M1 chip computers. Once these products have been tested, we will update this compatibility statement:
- ReFill Packer 10
The following products are NOT compatible with M1 chip computers:
- Reason 10.4.1 and earlier
- Reason Intro 10.4.1 and earlier
- Reason Lite 10.4 and earlier
- Reason Essentials 10.0.1 and earlier
- Reason Limited 1.5.3 and earlier
- ReCycle 2.2.4 and earlier
- Ignition Key
Please see these compatibility statements regarding macOS Monterey and macOS Big Sur.
Please note: your music making system does not consist of Reason Studios products alone. Please make sure that all your hardware (audio interfaces, controllers etc.) and programs (DAW hosts, VST plugins etc.) are compatible. Check the manufacturers' websites for details.
Article is closed for comments.