If you accidentally added an entire drive - or a folder which contains a huge amount of files - as a custom VST folder, Reason 9.5/10 might stop responding during launch. If this should happen, just delete the "Reason Plugin Folder.prf" file in the following location: Windows: %APPDATA%\Propellerhead Software\Reason or Mac OS: ~/Library/Preferences The user (~) Library folder is hidden by default. To find it, select "Go To Folder…" from the "Go" menu in Finder, and paste ~/Library/Preferences and click "Go" Then, launch Reason 9.5/10. Now, only the default VST Plugin Folders should be scanned.
Articles in this section
- Max Audio Threads in Reason 12.2.9 and later - a new function for optimizing performance
- Silent Login in Reason 12.2.9 - how does it work?
- How to speed up the browser indexing in Reason 12.2.5 and later
- How can I use Players with other instruments in Pro Tools?
- How do I use multiple audio outputs in Reason Rack Plugin?
- How do I add Reason Rack Plugin as an effect in Pro Tools?
- How do I install the AAX version of Reason Rack Plugin?
- Downloading Humana, Pangea, Klang, Radical Piano, Loop Supply and Drum Supply to Reason 10 and later
- How to bounce/print tracks to audio in Reason
- Radical Piano, Klang, Pangea and Humana are not hi-res in Reason 12, what's up?
Article is closed for comments.