If you accidentally added an entire drive - or a folder which contains a huge amount of files - as a custom VST folder, Reason 9.5/10 might stop responding during launch. If this should happen, just delete the "Reason Plugin Folder.prf" file in the following location: Windows: %APPDATA%\Propellerhead Software\Reason or Mac OS: ~/Library/Preferences The user (~) Library folder is hidden by default. To find it, select "Go To Folder…" from the "Go" menu in Finder, and paste ~/Library/Preferences and click "Go" Then, launch Reason 9.5/10. Now, only the default VST Plugin Folders should be scanned.
Articles in this section
- Transfering Favorite Lists from Reason to Reason 11 Suite
- I bought Reason 11 Suite but where are all the additional devices?
- I just upgraded from Reason 10 to 11, but there is no Update bar in Reason 10 - what's up?
- Some sounds are out of sync in Reason 10.3 (and later) - what's up?
- Downloading Humana, Pangea, Klang, Radical Piano, Loop Supply and Drum Supply to Reason 10 and later
- The VST thumbnails disappeared after I upgraded to Reason 11 Suite
- Can I import Reason songs into the Reason Rack Plugin?
- Why can't I load the Reason Rack Plugin VST in the stand-alone Reason 11?
- How can I completely hide the Tutorial Area in Reason 10.2 and later?
- My hardware drum machine sends out MIDI to Reason 10.2 and ruins my song