As from Reason 12.7 Reason Companion replaces the Reason+ Companion app, which was previously used with the Reason+ subscription. Reason Companion also replaces the Authorizer app, which was used for managing Rack Extensions if you used a perpetual (licensed) version of Reason.
Here we have gathered some questions and answers regarding the new Reason Companion app:
Q: How do I install Reason Companion?
- If you are currently a Reason+ subscriber and already have the Reason+ Companion app installed, simply update the Reason+ Companion app when prompted.
- If you just started to use Reason 12.7, please download the Reason Companion app here.
Q: How do I manage my Rack Extensions in Reason Companion?
A: On the Devices tab in Reason Companion all your available Rack Extensions are listed:
If you are subscribing to Reason+, the Reason+ Rack Extensions are listed at the top of the Devices tab.
Further down on the Devices tab your purchased Rack Extensions are displayed in the My Rack Extensions section:
- You can search for a Rack Extension, by typing in its name (or the first part of the name) in the Filter Rack Extensions box.
- Click the Update all button to update all currently installed Rack Extension to the latest versions. Note that only the Rack Extensions in the corresponding section (Reason+ Rack Extensions or My Rack Extensions) are affected.
- Click the Install all button to install all Rack Extensions displayed on the Devices tab.
Note that only the Rack Extensions in the corresponding section (Reason+ Rack Extensions or My Rack Extensions) are affected.
- Click the Update/Install/Uninstall buttons to perform the corresponding actions for individual Rack Extensions.
If you have purchased the Rack Extension (or if it’s included in your Reason+ subscription), you can always reinstall an uninstalled Rack Extension at any time.
Q: I have already installed all my Rack Extensions on my computer via Authorizer. Do I need to reinstall my Rack Extensions in Reason Companion now?
A: No, just launch Reason Companion and all your Rack Extensions will be listed on the Devices tab.
Q: Can I uninstall Authorizer now that I'm using Reason Companion?
A. Yes, you can uninstall the Authorizer app.
Q: What other stuff can I do in Reason Companion?
A: If you have a Reason+ subscription you can preview and install Sound Packs from the Sound Packs tab:
A: On the Getting Started tab you can install Reason, watch some Getting Started videos, and let us know more about who you are and what genres you prefer:
A: If you are a Reason+ subscriber you can see all the Sound Packs you have installed on the My Packs tab. You can preview the Sound Packs and also delete Sound Packs you no longer want on your computer:
A: On the My Reason tab you can launch Reason and see which Reason version is currently installed on your computer. You can also download and (re)install Reason if you need.
A: On the Account tab you can view your Reason Studios Account details. You can also manage your account by clicking the Manage account button, which will take you to our Account section on the Reason Studios website. You can also choose to Log out from Reason Companion (and Reason), which means you will have to log in to Reason Companion and to Reason (online) at the next launch.