How can I get my og Figure tracks?
The Figure app currently allows users to export mixdowns of their track. This is unfortunate. I have an old phone with tracks on it that I want to preserve, with notes and tracks intact so I can edit and tweak later.
Problem 1: I cannot get my older figure tracks into my new phone. Keeping the old phone is my only option.
Problem 2: There is no way to bring "mixable" tracks from the figure app into my DAW (Reason)
Figure was designed as a "sketchpad" for songs, but it is also a very unique and powerful tool that can make music in a way that cannot be reproduced elsewhere. I have used tracks from Figure in a full album. Currently, my workflow for getting my figure tracks into a DAW is to:
- Connect my phone via USB
- Open "Audio Midi Setup" and set my iPhone as an input device
- Open the Figure app and start the song
- Match the BMP in my DAW to the BPM of my Figure track
- Start recording in the DAW
- Solo the individual tracks for the Drums, Bass, and Lead
- Repeat for variations on different instruments
- Stop recording
- Isolate loops in DAW and break down into separate Drum / Bass / Lead tracks
Ridiculous. For a time, Alihoopa partially solved this problem, but there was still no way to isolate the Drum/Bass/Lead tracks. Figure deserves better. The Reason compact apps allows exporting directly to Reason. Figure can be a valuable part of a studio. Here's 3 options for better integration with Reason and other DAWs
- Create mirror Figure Drum/Bass/Lead rack devices in Reason so Figure songs can be imported and fully edited and mixed
- Enable a multitrack export option for Figure, so users can have separate Drum/Bass/Lead files
- Enable realtime integration with Figure via USB, so Figure can be treated as a 6-channel input device (3 stereo channels for Drum/Bass/Lead) for to support improvisation while recording, or live performance
Please sign in to leave a comment.